A Coach is a vehicle that transports you from A to B. A Coach makes a sports team develop into a winning team. A Coach develops an individual and helps them transition from the person they are, to the person that they want to be.
A sports team without a coach would still have the individual players, with their individual skills, but they wouldn’t be pulled together and moulded into a perfect team. In team sports, it is usually the dynamic of the team and how the components work for each other that makes it successful. Without someone at the helm to steer a team towards their goals, the team’s performance would be average. It is important for all of the individuals to know what the team wants to achieve, how they are going to achieve it, and they must believe that it’s possible, – a coach instills all of this into their team.
A personal coach behaves in much the same way.
It is equally important for an individual to know what they want to achieve, map out how they are going to achieve it, and remove any limiting beliefs or obstacles that will prevent this from happening. A personal coach can work with a client to achieve all of these things, and as in a sports team, make them as good as they can possibly be. With external help a person can transform in to the person of their dreams.
A sports coach will work on the team achieving success in that sport, so a personal coach will work with a client to achieve success in specific areas of that person’s life. A client may want to develop their career, or change their career, develop their relationships, or their health, or all of these things put together.
There are eight major advantages to working with a personal coach on various aspects of your life. These are:
- The CLARITY of what it is that you want. – Most people I talk to can’t stand their current life but they don’t know what they would rather do instead. A coach helps you to identify your goals.
- A PLAN for how to get there. – A realistic, achievable plan that will take you closer and closer to your dreams in manageable steps.
- Specialist TECHNIQUES that will enable you to reach your goals faster. These can include visualisations, affirmations, and strategies.
- REMOVING obstacles that have prevented you from achieving in the past. – Obstacles like low self-esteem, limiting beliefs, negative emotions etc that have held you back unconsciously even if you are not aware of them consciously.
- An OBJECTIVE person to listen and to effectively challenge. – People rarely have a chance to speak with someone confidentially about aspects of their life that they would like to change. Especially someone that has no conflict of interest.
- MONITOR progress against set objectives. – A coach will help to pull you back on to your path when you naturally begin to veer from it.
- MOTIVATE and encourage a client to achieve. – A good coach will totally believe in their client, pushing them to keep going and achieve what they set out to do.
- DEDICATED time and support to a client. – The most important person in that room is the client, and continuing support using various online technologies can give vital support at the right times.
A great coach can be relied upon, they will challenge, they will be supportive but hard at times, and they only exist to help you achieve. Think of it as an investment in yourself. In the same way that you would have a Gym membership, or pay to have a lovely holiday, which both give you short term benefits, you could instead hire a coach and enjoy the long term benefits of changing your life.
If you’re serious about achieving your dreams in life then you really need to find a personal coach. Imagine a sportsperson without a coach, I wonder how many of them will be standing on the podium in the Olympics this summer?
Think about it, and when you have, get in touch with Clear Lantern.